Frequently Asked Questions

Below are a list of the most frequently asked questions.

Who notifies the state of my course completion?

In nearly every state it is the responsibility of the provider to submit a record of your course completion to the state’s CE regulator. Except for those states mentioned below, we will be notifying the state on your behalf.

New Mexico

Be aware that there are several states which require some element of filing on the student’s part. If you are licensed in one of these states be sure you are aware of and have filed the appropriate paperwork with the state.


What is a Passing Grade?

A score of 70% or higher on the final exam is considered a passing grade.


When will my continuing education credits be processed?

On average, credits are processed within 3-5 business days. If after one week your transcript does not reflect your course completion, please feel free to contact our support team to determine if there are any issues that need additional attention.


NPN: What is a National Producer Number and how do I retrieve it?

The National Producer Number (NPN) is your unique NAIC identified assigned through the licensing application process. The NPN is used to track individuals and business entitites on a national basis. You may use the link below to retrieve your NPN.


My transcript doesn't show the course completion. What's going on?

Sometimes the state may need additional time to update their records. You may contact our support team at any time to determine the status of your course. We will be able to provide you with a date and time that the records were sent to the state.

It may also be the case that while a course was successfully passed and completed, our office is still waiting on the receipt of additional paperwork such as an Affidavit of Personal Responsibility or Proctor Form. We are not allowed to process your credits with the state until that paperwork has been received and filed with your course record. If you were prompted to complete additional paperwork during the course and have yet to turn that in, please be sure to get that to our office as soon as possible so that we may file your credits with the state.


What if I am disconnected in the middle of an exam?

For compliance purposes, exams on our system must be completed in one sitting. If you were disconnected from an exam due to an internet connection error and attempt to enter the exam again right away, you are given one "freebie" that will allow you to resume where you left off. If you decided to go to lunch in the middle of the exam and come back a few hours or days later, you'll need to start from the beginning. The exam will be restarted with a new randomized test.


Do I need to have a monitor or proctor for my exam?

Each state determines the requirements for an online exam. You will be notified on both the rules page when entering the course and also just prior to taking the exam if a monitor/proctor is required in your state. If you want to view a list of the rules by state click here.


What does "disinterested third party" mean?

Each state defines this term in a slightly different way and you should always check with the specific rules of your state as to who may monitor/proctor an exam. Some states are very specific about proctor qualifications.

As a general rule of thumb, a "disinterested third party" would be an individual this is not a family member, friend, nor in your direct line of employ. It should be someone with no potential gain or loss with regard to the success or failure of your exam results.

This is by no means a comprehensive list, but here are some of examples of good and bad proctors.

BAD proctors: a friend, sister, brother-in-law, assistant, boss, buddy, uncle, secretary, ex-wife, client, etc. Think of it this way, if the individual can gain any benefit whatsoever from your passing the exam, they are not disinterested.

GOOD proctors: librarian, licensed agent, teacher, acquiantance, licensed CPA, notary public, attorney, professional proctors, etc.


I can't find my Certificate of Completion. How may I get a new copy?

Once your course has been processed with the state, a Certificate of Completion will be available in "Your Courses” section of your account. Should you need any assistance you may contact our customer support team and they will be able to email you a duplicate copy as well. We will not charge for additional certificates.