Annuities (Meets NAIC 2010 Suitability Guidelines)
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
3.5 credit hours
Topics Covered: Life and Health, Annuities, Financial Planning, Life
If purchased today, this course must be completed by: December 31, 2019
Other credit types available: CE, PCE
NAIC Annuities was developed to meet the training requirements established in the NAIC Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation.
Upon completion of this course an agent should have:
- adequate knowledge of the types of annuities and various classifications of annuities
- be able to identify the parties to an annuity
- understand how fixed, variable and indexed annuity contract provisions affect consumers
- understand the application of income taxation of qualified and non-qualified annuities
- understand the primary uses of annuities
- be conscious of the appropriate sales practices, replacement and disclosure requirements when dealing with annuities
PLEASE NOTE: This course does not meet the state of California annuities renewal requirement.
This course has been certified by:
Rules for Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Course material may be downloaded.
- Exam is open book.